Thank you for your interest in joining the Sapphos Environmental, Inc. team. We are dedicated to hiring and retaining the most qualified employees in the industry and are always searching for gifted and committed professionals to join our team.
Sapphos Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please check our current openings for available positions being offered. Sapphos Environmental Inc. offers competitive salaries, as well as great benefits.
If your qualifications match the job criteria, please send your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, references, and writing sample (if applicable) to our Human Resources Department by one of the following methods:
Senior Biological Resources Specialist
Sapphos Environmental, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced and qualified Senior Biological Resources Specialist with extensive technical expertise and project coordination capabilities. This position requires exemplary stakeholder awareness and ability to manage multiple tasks, including scheduling of meetings and maintaining/building client relationships. The ideal candidate must have experience in the aspects of private consulting dynamics. The ability to adapt in a constantly shifting environment with workload priorities changeable at all times, effective time management, and a repertoire of biological and environmental compliance technical knowledge. The willingness to work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry is a must.
- Attend, direct, and prepare for stakeholders’ meetings.
- Facilitate and directly acquire necessary permits in accord with various agencies’ regulations.
- Review, explain, and revise environmental compliance documents of a biological but also expanded nature such as: EIRs, EIS, Incidental Take Permits, Permits, Amendments.
- Coordinate budgets and labor specifications with PMs, field crew, technical managers, and other stakeholders.
- Work to the satisfaction of the client and foster a strong company-client relationship.
- Create accurate and manageable schedules for project work, understanding scope and remaining in budget, with the assistance of the PMO and project management software.
- Identify appropriate resources in preparing technical documents. Document coordination efforts in Contact Report Forms (CRFs). Evaluate sources and check for accuracy.
- Identify appropriate subcontractors and supervise subcontractor work performance.
- Make competent, accurate, well prepared, and illustrated public presentations and - participate in project-related public meetings (scoping, public review, and certification).
- Obtain and maintain appropriate permits and licenses, including state collecting permits.
- Attend meetings with clients at the request of project managers to provide expertise and consultation related to biological resources endeavors.
- Write technically and procedurally adequate, legally defensible, organized, accurate, and grammatically correct technical documents.
- Participate in fieldwork expeditions when necessary.
- PhD and 6+years of experience OR Master and 9+years of experience OR Bachelor degree and 12+ years of experience in Biology, Botany, Environmental Sciences, Ecology or other related field.
- Regulatory compliance and oversight.
- Must be knowledgeable of Southern California plant and wildlife communities
- Must have experience with CEQA and NEPA regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrable planning, communication, scheduling, project tracking and organizational skills
- Stakeholder relationship building, coordination and cooperation experience
- Dispute resolution and problem solving skills
- Strong expertise in the acquisition of permits through various agencies
- Professional certifications a PLUS.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Versatile and proven team player.
- Location: Wasco, CA
- Salary: $83,200 – $91,520
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401k/Roth retirement accounts, flexible spending account, generous PTO package with up to 12 paid holidays (2 more after one year), annual training allotment, annual gym allotment, monthly public transportation stipend, and more
Senior Environmental Compliance Coordinator
Sapphos Environmental, Inc. is looking for a full-time Senior Environmental Compliance Coordinator with expertise on CEQA/NEPA guidelines and one or two CEQA/NEPA technical areas. The ideal individual should be able to follow regulatory trends, interface with clients on assigned projects, and review/revise CEQA/NEPA documentation. This position also requires the periodical production of reports and deep research into the data offered by governmental and academic databases.
- Demonstrate knowledge and technical competency in CEQA, NEPA, and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Attend meetings with clients to provide expertise and consultation related to EA.
- Independently assess critical environmental issues and set strategy for resolving these issues with clients.
- Write, review and coordinate the preparation of CEQA and NEPA documents.
- Assist in the preparation of technical products according to Sapphos Environmental, Inc. procedures.
- Review EA Group work products as scheduled to ensure that they conform to the Sapphos
- Environmental, Inc. glossary of style.
- Prepare and submit regular status reports. Work with client to complete project description (including definition of project objectives).
- Research environmental resource issues in published and gray literature, data archives, government and academic databases, maps, and aerial photographs; Solicit information from resource agencies.
- Collaborate in the elaboration of proposals and tasks associated with joint marketing operations and the fostering of client-building relations.
- Remain up-to-date with CEQA and other relevant environmental compliance regulations.
- PhD OR Master’s Degree and 3+ years of experience OR Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years of experience. Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, or closely related field.
- General CEQA and NEPA skills with prior experience in one or two CEQA/NEPA technical areas
- Prior experience with Project Management and Proposal Writing desirable.
- Assists in the actualization of templates/forms as needed.
- Work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Capacity to excel in a teamwork-driven environment.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates solid written and verbal communication skills.
All interested applicants, please send a cover letter, writing sample (less than 3 pages), and resume to email@example.com